Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Finally Solution for Samsung Galaxy GT i9003 Android mobile phone problem of going automatically in Flight Mode


Is your smartphone going automatically in flight mode?
I bought a new Samsung Galaxy GT i9003 smartphone in July 2011. I started facing problems with the phone going into Airplane mode and locking up automatically. When I go into the settings and try to turn airplane mode off, it won't allow it. Then when I hold the power button down, it tells me that airplane mode is off. Trying to change the settings also does not work. Initially, I thought this problem is happening when I have no cell service, but it doesn't correct itself when I get cell service again. Later I felt that it randomly goes into flight mode. I have to reboot the phone to get it out of airplane mode and use the phone. I read a lot of the posts about the Samsung and other Android phones having this same issue. One post said to turn off the Wi-Fi so I did, but it did not work. Another post said to stop using GPS and uninstall applications using GPS. I tried that but again it did not work.
I escalated the issue to Samsung Service Center but no one seemed to have a clue about the resolution. The Samsung service could not isolate if this was a software/OS problem or Hardware Mobile problem.

This issue of my Samsung mobile phone going automatically into flight mode continued for almost a month. This behaviour had made my mobile phone useless. Every time I reboot or somehow get the mobile back to normal, it would again go back to Flight mode within minutes or sometimes within a few hours.

I tried all the below as suggested by other people facing this problem and as suggested by Service Center Support.
1. Restart the phone
2. Removing all the GPS application
3. Switching off the wifi connectivity
4. Restoring factory settings
5. Software update (by Samsung Service Center)
6. Motherboard Replace (by Samsung Service Center)

Finally, the last option worked.
Now, I believe replacing the motherboard has done the trick.
It has been few days since my mobile has not gone into flight mode. I am still observing it.

However, the service center replaced the motherboard on the mobile and now I am observing it. So far the mobile is working perfectly for the past few days.

Today on 8th Aug 2011, it has been more than 2 weeks and I have not yet faced the issue of phone going automatically to fligh/airplane mode.
Yippee!!! So now I believe that the solution of replacing the motherboard has worked for me!!!

Please do let me know if this solution worked for you'll OR Please let me know if some other solution exists!

7 comments:

Kiran said...

Blackberry Perl 3G Tech Specs, Features Click here

Stitch said...

I have the same problem with my Samsung i9003. I still haven't try to change the motherboard. Is your phone still has no problem until now?

Rahul Jagtap said...

No problem for more than a year now. Changing mother board was the solution

TheSource said...

What is the cost of the MotherBoard of i9003

Rahul Jagtap said...

Don't know the cost for mother board. For me it was replaced by Samsung since it was under warranty period

Anonymous said...

I am using Samsung Galaxy GT-i9003 with 2.3.5 GINGERBREED.
Last 3Days when I wake up in the morning and checking the phone it was switched off due to low battery. When I charged back and turned it on It is showing the Select Locale Screen with the Instruction (I seen these steps when initially I brought this mobile).
After completed the tutorials, it is take into the Home screen.
But my Phone Contacts, Text Messages are removed from the phone.
Also the installed applications are not working properly
Google Maps Continously showing the Error message.
GPRS is not connected even I enabled the options for this
It is happening daily, I tried Factory Reset 2-3times also formatted my SD Card and cleared all the data from the Phone internal memory.
Last night I monitored my phone it is getting contentious restarts until battery dry (Manually i removed the battery and I stopped it then when I turned on again its getting restarted).
Please advise me to fix this issue

Vinoth said...

I am using Samsung Galaxy GT-i9003 with 2.3.5 GINGERBREED.
Last 3Days when I wake up in the morning and checking the phone it was switched off due to low battery. When I charged back and turned it on It is showing the Select Locale Screen with the Instruction (I seen these steps when initially I brought this mobile).
After completed the tutorials, it is take into the Home screen.
But my Phone Contacts, Text Messages are removed from the phone.
Also the installed applications are not working properly
Google Maps Continously showing the Error message.
GPRS is not connected even I enabled the options for this
It is happening daily, I tried Factory Reset 2-3times also formatted my SD Card and cleared all the data from the Phone internal memory.
Last night I monitored my phone it is getting contentious restarts until battery dry (Manually i removed the battery and I stopped it then when I turned on again its getting restarted).
Please advise me to fix this issue