Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Kiss me Baby!!!

(Citi Center mall, Vashi)
Guess What? Last saturday I sang at the Citi Center mall, Vashi. I was not nervous Singing Karaoke even though it was my first time. One reason could be because it happened very fast. Moreover, the crowd at the mall was a little smaller than usual.


As I came out of Food Baazar, which is on ground floor of the mall, I noticed that my sister and niece had walked down towards a Karaoke podium. The person compering was urging the crowd to come over and sing a song, but was not getting many takers. Esha, my niece was called over on the podium as she was dancing to the music being played. Later I too was called on the podium to accompany my niece. Little did I realise what was about to come. The person incharge handed over the mic to me and before I cud say anything, he asked my name over the mic. And then he shouted "Rahul jee ke liye jordar taliyan..." . I knew I was doomed....

I started reading the lyrics on the screen. Yes reading! However, quickly i picked up the tune and started singing. It read "Kiss me baby! Kiss me baby! Tu hai mera garam masala". As I started singing, I was trying to recollect if I have ever heard this song.
I still can't believe that I actually got up on the stage with a mic and prompter screen in front of dozens of strangers. Now something about my luck. To my luck, the person compering was singing along with me. The guy was a pro and was singing beautifully. I somehow managed to sing along with him. After sometime I handed back the mic and was glad to hear the crowd cheers as I was Thanked.
It was an exhilarating experience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M sure after that day, center-1 mall wears a deserted look !!!! hee hee hee