Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Friendship Day!!!

Friendship Day celebrations take place on the first Sunday of August every year. The tradition of dedicating a day in honor of friends began in US in 1935. Gradually the festival gained popularity and today Friendship Day is celebrated in large number of countries including India. On this day people spend time with their friends and express love for them. Exchange of Friendship Day Gifts like flowers, cards and wrist bands is a popular tradition of this occasion.

(Source: http://www.friendshipday.org/)

Friendship Day Quote:

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival. "
- C. S. Lewis

The only thing I hate about Friendship Day is those SMS's. I simply cannot reply to the sms's.

Happy Friendship Day to all of you!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few months back, people used to tease me by calling me "sms-queen". Now, I don't get time to even read sms.
But whenever I see my old collection of sms in diaries,and memory cards of old cells, I realize what am I missing?
Friendship day sms are something which once in a year remind me of my long-lost friends.
I'll start celebrating friendship day in 2010 as I used to celebrate before.
I have an album(Orkut) fully dedicated to my friends.(I have an album dedicated to animals too ;-) but that has nothing to do with my friends as the two albums don't have same pictures (yet) :D)

Rahul Jagtap said...

Hehehe.. I guess most of the girls are 'sms-queens'

Anonymous said...

so whom you think gals sms? to other gals? :P
I know many guys who hate typing. they can't sms/chat/e-mail(until gals stop picking their calls).
Guys even hate smileys and that can be a reason behind not typing often. (And m sure there is no reason behind not liking smileys.)
Just one sms/e-mail and your words travel miles and to many friends at once.
Every frenship day if same frens sms, means u are remembered by 'em on this day as a fren! it means so much..more than just exchanging gifts eve yr with new frenz..

Friendship is Like a Needle of a Clock,
Though We are in Same Clock,
We are Not able to Meet,
Even if We Meet its Only for Few Seconds,
But,
We Always Stay Connected...

-SMS by a guy(on Frenship day 2007) who hates typing and smileys both

Toponwebs said...

Happy friendship day from Toponwebs